Tips on choosing a topic:
Choose one of these:
- Gender-Neutral Bathrooms: Is This Segregation?
- School Shootings" What are the Appropriate Preventative Methods?
- Gun Legislation versus Second Amendment Rights
- Minimum Wage: Does an increase help or hinder?
- Is the value of a College Education worth the cost?
- Campus Sexual Assault: How Safe is the Average Female Student?
- Addiction Pertaining to the Regional Opioid Crisis: Disease or Personal Choice?
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch: Are we doing enough?
- School Choice: Charter Schools versus Public Academic Institutions
- Animals Abuse: Are Offenders Getting a Slap on the Wrist?
Brainstorm a few ideas, then do some quick search to see what kind of data is available.
- Write a thesis question that is clear, complex, and focused.
- Locate reliable and credible statistics.
- Consider the opposite side of the issue- what is the debate?