Bristol LLC Chromebook General Guidelines and Use
1. Bristol current full- and part-time students are eligible to borrow.
2. Students must have a current Bristol library card.
3. Only one device may be on loan at a time.
4. Loan period is one semester, available starting on the first day of classes.
5. Any personal information or documents saved to the Chromebook will be erased after it is returned. Students are encouraged to save documents to either their Microsoft 365 account or to a flash drive.
6. Chromebooks more than one week overdue are subject to lost/unreturned item fees and a hold placed on student account for registration, transcripts, and library circulation per the Library Learning Commons Circulation Policy.
7. Checking out a Chromebook confirms acknowledgement of user responsibilities stated in the LLC Circulation Policy. Replacement cost for lost, non-returned, or damaged Chromebook is $350.00.
8. Borrowers are encouraged to file a report with Campus Police if the Chromebook is stolen.
How to request a Chromebook from the LLC
1. A list of available Chromebooks can be found here: Chromebooks
2. Select the “Place hold” option on the right-hand side of your screen. You can also visit a campus library and borrow one in person if you don't want to place a hold and wait.
3. You will then be prompted to log into your HELM library account. Your login is your Bristol student ID number (900#) and your password is the last four digits of the phone number you provided when activating your Bristol Library Card.
4. Next you will select your Pickup location by using the drop-down menu. After selecting one of the Bristol CC locations as a pickup location, confirm the hold by clicking on “Confirm hold."
5. After confirming the hold, you will be able to see the hold along with any other holds you have on your account. This view will also allow you to see the status of your hold.
Guidelines for picking up your Chromebook
Guidelines for Returning
1. Chromebooks must be returned by the due date to any Bristol campus Library Learning Commons.
2. When the LLC is open, bring your Chromebook inside to the service desk to return it.
3. If you choose to use our locker system to pick up your Chromebook, you can return the Chromebook via the lockers as well.
4. Please do not return Chromebooks to any of our book drops. Borrowers are responsible for damage sustained in a book drop.
Need more help? Please feel free to reach out to us via phone, email or chat. We would be happy to assist with any step of this process. https://libguides.bristolcc.edu/hourslocations