Follow these steps to request remote access for your account:
- Go to the ScienceDirect main page.
- Click 'Remote access’ in the footer of the page. The ‘Apply for remote access’ dialog displays.
- Enter your email address and click 'Continue’.
- You may be requested to select your organisation if more than one account or organization is associated with your email address.
- If you are not registered in ScienceDirect, the registration page displays.
Either register for an account with ScienceDirect and click ‘Register’ or click ‘Continue without registering’.
- You will receive an email with a remote access activation link. Click the link to activate your account.
After completing these steps:
- You may be prompted to sign in.
- You will have remote access for 180 days to your account.
- Your access will automatically be extended each time you sign into your account.
- You may need to repeat this process, if you do not sign in to ScienceDirect for a long time.